“Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.” – Richard Bach
Oh yes, now she did. She did it good this time; she just didn’t know when to quit. That girl just had to run her mouth and tell the entire phonebook about my secret. I have mentally tortured and killed her in my mind several times. I mentally send her all the hate I can muster, and pray with all my might that a flower pot falls from a window sill and knocks her in the head like I’d like to. I wish a dark storm cloud to materialize over her head, so that rain and electrocution may follow her wherever she goes. That’ll show her; serves her right. Whew! How mentally draining!
Yes, whether it’s a bout with a friend, a conflict with the folks, or a devastating break-up, keeping a grudge and planting hatred in your heart is such hard work. That certain plant needs tending at all times of the day and doesn’t give you a very restful sleep. In fact, those ill feelings may even take its toll on your performance, demeanor, body and face. Although it is a good way to immediate self-gratification; it is time-consuming, draining, and the feeling is short-lived. It would be much easier on you – mind, body, and soul to just let go and heal the relationship. Here is a simple meditation technique, called “Pink Light” that may help with the healing of relationships.
The ‘Pink Light’ technique is a powerful healing tool to be used daily. This technique is ancient in origin and was developed by the Ishaya monks, who have dedicated their lives to helping people free themselves from mind-made limitations. Over the millennia, it has been used to heal all pain and suffering between the user and the subject, ultimately healing relationships. This technique has worked wonders in the lives of those who have been raped, molested, or abused. It has reconnected runaway children to their families within weeks. When used properly, with innocence and without conditions, it can be miraculous.
1. Get yourself into a comfortable, loving space. Close your eyes. Remember a time when you felt loved.
2. Imagine pink loving light radiating from your heart, covering you in its glow, completely surrounding you, as if you were in a pink sphere of love. Some people might have difficulty imagining the pink light, which is fine; the intent is the most important part.
3. Start with a loving memory of yourself; bring your image in front of you, outside of your pink light. In your mind’s eye, begin to cover your image with your pink light. Cover yourself completely, shining pink on every inch of you, and let it go. Remember that you may have fun with this process; you may simply cover yourself with pink light or go crazy with it – paint, ice yourself like a cake, fireman hose yourself, gunge tank, pink light water bombs, whatever you enjoy and envision; and this goes for all processes.
4. Next, put up a loving memory or image of your immediate family. Cover each of them in your pink light them more on to the next person. If you have difficulty conjuring up a loving memory, try simple imaging, or maybe even have the person come into the room, standing at a distance and/or facing away from you. After, let them go.
5. Next, bring in anyone with whom you still have an emotional charge or discomfort with. Again, cover this person with your loving pink light, then let go.
6. Allow for anyone else to show up; cover them with your pink light and let go.
• This process should take no more than ten minutes a day, eventually getting down to five minutes.
• Remember that once someone is done, assume that they are done for the day and need not be done again. You will feel when you have completed someone.
• Sometimes random and unexpected people will show up for a while to receive pink light. Always cover them.
• Have fun with your pink light cover.
The Pink Light Technique can truly work wonders in your life if you give it a chance. Remember that it is truly important to give everyone, especially you, a little loving each and every day. Bathe yourself daily in a glorious pink light and you will soon see the work through rose-tinted glasses. Namaste.